Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wow. I would assume most of you are probably wondering if I’m still alive…. Well the answer is, yes! I’m alive and well here in Masese. And once again I need to apologize for taking so very long to update you on life at Serving His. I know there is really no excuse for not blogging for almost 3 months. My word, has it really been that long? I guess it has been. Life is so full of craziness and I must say that most of the time the blog gets put on the back burner, and it’s not easily brought back to the front. Then the longer you wait, the harder it is to actually get around to it, and well….you know how that goes. Put something off for to long and you’re bound to continue to procrastinate. For way longer then you had anticipated. So, please forgive me for not pulling it together sooner and updating all of you faithful prayer warriors! We are truly and deeply thankful for each one of you!!

I feel like there is no way to “catch you up” on what’s been happening around here because I can’t remember what I ate for supper yesterday, much less all that’s gone on in the last 3 months, so I’m not going to attempt. I think if I tried you would be overwhelmed and most likely a little confused…

But you should know that in the past few months your prayers have carried us through some pretty rough moments, days, even weeks. We have seen a lot of hurt and felt a lot of sadness so far this year. BUT, we know with total assurance that God is still in control. God is always working for good. And He is forever glorified. Even in the mist of great trials. Even when our hearts are so broken, and our eyes are swollen from to many tears. Even then, we know that God is sovereign over all things. We know that Christ is literally holding us together, in the times of joy and in times of sorrow. He promises that. I cling to that.

Now, all that said, please don’t think I find it easy to cling to Christ in the mists of trials. Oh no, it’s hard. I always thought it would be easier then it actually is...I really did. But a lot of times it’s so easy to let fear get the best of you. And I all to often do; I let my flesh have it’s way in my mind. I wish I could say that I always trust, 100% of the time, and never doubt. But that would be a lie. One of the many things I’ve learned over the last few months is that I’m not as trusting as I always thought I was. Ha, I have been learning a lot about myself lately. Being refined in the fire hurts. Even burns sometimes. But it’s very necessary to be broken before Christ. And man. Because I think sometimes it’s in the middle of brokenness that we find Christ’s presence the most powerful. In our weakness He is strong, right? So these days I'm getting to know my weakness very well. Praying for Christ’s power to be made so evident in and to me.

But, enough about that! Despite the trials, there is so much joy that fills our (long) days! We are blessed! Beyond blessed. Sometimes in the moment, I lead myself to believe that the hardships outweigh, or overshadow, but then I think about it…. And no way. The joy totally outweighs! Every time! I’m thankful for so much. I have been given so much. When I think of all the things that Christ has done for me, all the blood, sweat and tears that were shed on my behalf, I am truly amazed. He died on that cross for me. For you. Just because He loves us. A whole lot. I’m so incredibly thankful that Christ loves me that much. The thought of someone willing to die for me? Blows my mind. Takes my breath away. And not just anyone, but a perfect and holy God. Wow. Thankful.

Boasting in my weakness. Praying for continual thankfulness today.

"Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ”

4 comments:

  1. Hi!
    My name is Jessica and I don't ever comment but I've been following your blog for awhile and praying and I just wanted to say that I love your last paragraph about how joy does and should outweigh everything we are going through and it just absolutely speaks to the life of Paul and how despite how much he went through he had such deep rooted joy. In our society we are told we can find joy through changing our circumstances but in actuality we can find joy in every circumstances by changing our focus to God. Anyways just a thought that was spinning off of what you said and I am sure what you are going through. I will be continuing to pray for you all.
    Because He first loved us,
    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Peter 4:12-14 "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you." (NKJV)

    Renee, your ministry, by it's very nature, can be filled with pain and trials of faith,and that is what makes it so powerful. You continue to be in our prayers.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee- I have checked back so much since November. So good to hear from you again! I have read most of your posts... I cannot express how much you have encouraged me... again and again and again. To God be the glory. Praying for you and "Serving His Children".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Renee and all at SHC - You have been called into this beautiful service and I am one of many who is humbled and awed at how God is using you in Uganda. I am praying that you will feel God's presence every second, that you will be granted an extra measure of His perfect peace, that He alone will refresh your body and soul and that His glory will continue flow through you. Remember to seek the protection and comfort of His wing, for it is only there that you can sing His praises and find peace.

    One day I hope to meet you and give you a HUGE HUG!!! Know that you are in my prayers. In Christ Alone - Jennifer in Maryland

    ReplyDelete