Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update...

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU FOR OUR NEW CAR!!! ! Wow, what a blessing it has been to be able to drive a vehicle that can handle the conditions in which it is driven in. Recently myself, a friend, and some of our staff traveled to Arua, Uganda, Congo and Sudan. Our trip would not have been possible without this new vehicle. What an adventure!!!

Driving out of Congo...ahhh

We made it...alive...and I even let Selah take the wheel for a while...

Who remembers this little boy?


Well, he is now THIS little boy!!!

Yes, can you believe it? God worked a miracle. Today Katoya is alive. God saved his life. He raised him up from the pit. He planted his feet firmly on the ground. We got to witness it. We got to rejoice in the victory that took place in his healing. And not very long ago we got to watch his family leave Serving His Children, bound for their new life together. What a joy, what an honor, what a privilege to work for such a mighty, awesome, powerful God!

1 1/2 months ago...

Betty has gained 4 puonds so far!!!

My Baby girl turned 1 years old!! Wow, does time fly. For her birthday she got a passport/visa and a trip to America!!! We levae next week...


We have 2 new volunteers in the house! They will be holding down the fort while I'm away... So please keep them in your prayers.

Danielle

and Jenifer

Well, I guess that's all the news for now, or at least all the news I have time to share. Thanks for all your prayers and support!!!

14 comments:

  1. I cannot remember how I found your blog but I did. And I read all your posts.
    What an amazing woman you are!!! The work you are doing is amaaaaazing!
    Your daughter is adorable.
    Can you tell me if Robert survived? How is he?
    Keep up all the good work.
    Praying for you & your daughter as you travel and do Gods work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Oh my goodness! I can not believe how amazing Katoya looks. Praise the Lord!! I've shared the good news over at my blog. GOD IS SO GOOD. Thank you for the work you do - your compassion and sacrificial love is so humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is UHmazing the change in these precious kids. praying for your travel with your little selah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates. Answered prayer is wonderful to see. Blessings to you on your trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! We sure do serve an awesome and mighty God who LOVES to save! Congrats on the new vehicle. Enjoy your time in the states. I know it will be hard to be away from "home"!

    Blessings and love,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see the evidence of our mighty God at work on behalf of these children, through you and your volunteers! I had hoped to visit you with a young volunteer from America who is serving at Redeemer House, but now you are headed home! For how long? I was hoping to meet you and check up on the little Karamajong kids from Kampringsa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read about Katoya the first thing that came to my mind was to sing the song "To God be the Glory"

    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
    Let the earth hear His voice!
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
    Let the people rejoice!
    O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
    And give Him the glory, great things He has done.

    What a wonderful ending to a great beginning with this family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty has a beautiful smile :)

    Praying for you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  9. GIRL! I love your blog and I am so touched by your sweet heart. And you are 21!?! My husband is from Uganda and we're getting things in order so we can serve there full time (in his hometown of Bukedea). We'd love to come see you and learn some tips of the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how amazing is our God? I am so thrilled to see this. I have prayed for betty every single day since I heard of her. And the sweet little boy how wonderful he is doing. I'm a so happy. thank you for sharing this, and I love your vehicle. I'm so glad for you.
    God Bless and will continue to hold you all up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God for Katoya's growth! He is so precious! And yay for Betty's 4 lbs!

    I am praying for Jenifer and Daniele as they hold down the fort.

    So much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEA!!!! for your new car! I first heard about your need through Katie and I am so glad you finally got enough!

    and even bigger YEA for Katoya! What an amazing difference...PRAISE JESUS! Thank you so much for your service Renee. I am so grateful. so grateful. We don't know you personally, but we love you and are praying for you all... for Betty to continue to gain weight and get healthy, for your helpers that are filling in for you and for all the other many needs.

    In Christ's love-
    Ashley Keylor
    thekeylorfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing testimony. Thanks for your sacrifices for these kids. We are inspired.

    ReplyDelete